Thursday, April 21, 2011

Victor's Insanity..Once Again..

"As I looked on him, his countenance expressed the utmost extent of malice and treachery. I thought with a sensation of madness on my promise of creating another like to him, and trembling with passion, tore to pieces the thing on which I was engaged." -pg 121

I completely disagree with everything Victor has done throughout the novel. First of all, he has created a monster without first thinking about all the bad consequences that can occur. Second, he abandoned his own creature and rejected it. Essentially, he was the one who drove the creature to commit murder due to his abandonment. Thirdly, correlating with the passage above, Victor decides to ignore the creation's request for a female companion. DUMB! All the creature wants and needs is to not be so isolated and alone. All he would have to do is to befriend him and apologize for the abandonment, not go pyscho AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment