Thursday, April 21, 2011

Frankenstein

"The story of Victor Frankenstein's terrible creation and the havoc it caused has enthralled generations of readers and inspired countless writers of horror and suspense." -The back of the book

One of my first blogs for this novel discussed how I disagreed with the "horror" and "suspense" description of the novel. Towards the beginning it really starts off slow with little suspense and action. I was especially disappointed with the creation scene. I must say that I owe Mary Shelley much more credit than I had expected. The novel took a complete turn-around and surprised me. The fact that we, as the audience, got to hear the monster's side of the story really makes it that much better. I had so much more sympathy for him after hearing the REAL side of the story, poor thing :( I must say I am pleasantly surprised with the way the story went and I would definitely read it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment