Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sympathy??

"I am malicious because I am miserable. Am I not shunned and hated by all mankind? You, my creator, would tear me to pieces, and triumph; remember that, and tell me why I should pity man more than he pities me?" pg 104

POOR MONSTER! :( My classmates may disagree with me, but I have the most sympathy for the poor being that is constantly and cruelly referred to as "the monster." He was created and then abandoned. So what if he had deformities? There are pleny of people in society with such problems that should not be outcast. In the passage above, the creation lays it all out on the line for Victor. He had done NO HARM to any being until he was rejected for the third time. He finally snapped. This type of lonliness and isolation is certainly enough to make someone go mad. Its only fair for Victor to make him a companion, or make him feel welcomed and apart of his family. I think if he was loved and not outcast, he is essentially a whole-hearted being that is capable of human interaction and emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment