Friday, August 13, 2010

Good Luck...Undergarments

I loved hearing about Henry Dobbins and his "magic pantyhose". Everyone's gotta have something of emotional security. Just like a young child who carries around a blankie or a special stuffed animal, Henry Dobbins carries his girlfriend's pantyhose when he goes into battle.

"He liked putting his nose into the nylon and breathing in the scent of his girlfriend's body; he liked the memories that inspired; he sometimes slept with the stockings up against his face, the way an infant sleeps with a flannel blanket, secure and peaceful." (page 111)

I think it is extremely cute and romantic! I personally have one of my boyfriend's sweatshirts to hold onto when I miss him...and I'm sure I'm not the only one ladies! It makes me feel safe and at peace, similar to Henry Dobbin's situation.

1 comment:

  1. what do you make of him claiming that it still protects him, even after the break-up?

    ReplyDelete