Friday, July 9, 2010

More Confusing French Etiquette

Eat. Drink. Eat. Drink. Eat. Drink. Eat some more. Drink. Dance. Drink. Come one Mr. Hemingway, there has to be more to the story than eating and drinking non-stop. Every chapter of the book consists of a meal, preceded by and followed by alcohol. Like I mentioned earlier on in my blog, maybe drinking is an important motif and ties in with the plot. Chapter 14 now and still have not figured the plot..or even came to the climax. Maybe the author is simply trying to teach us about boring French culture. Did I miss the message or is it yet to come in the last few chapters? The French are confusing; therefore, I have no more commentary.

1 comment:

  1. I think what's tripping you up is attributing everything to French culture, instead of the characters themselves, who aren't French.

    ReplyDelete