Thursday, December 2, 2010

Popular Mechanics - question #4

Why is this couple splitting up? Do we know? Does it matter?

The style of this story is what is prevelant, obviously not the detail. The author sets up the work so that we (as readers) come into the picture AFTER the "fight" or whatever has caused this. The audience is not given any hint for the couple's separation besides that the argument must have been really significant to cause such violence. I've never personal witnessed a separation like this but I know it goes on everyday.. There are now more broken families in the US than married ones. From my common knowledge, gathered from movies/media and such, I believe the content of this story is extremely accurate. This stuff happens more than I realize. I do not think the reason for the split is signifcant to understand the story because the possibilities are endless. What we can take from this story lies beneath the reason. I think the theme is conveyed through the universality of the event and how the information given to us was portrayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment