Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Question #1

In my opinion, the play employs both realistic AND nonrealistic conventions. The characters, the setting, and the situation has both elements within some depth of them. During class discussion, many people said that Amanda's controlling attitude and actions was nonrealistic, but I would have to disagree. Aren't most mothers controlling? In my experience, my mother acts very similar to Amanda. Always nagging and complaing about what needs to be done, and how it should be done right, and blah blah blah. For me, it seems like a commmon occurrence. I think the most nonrealistic part of the play is the fact that Laura still treasures her glass doll set. A teenage girl, almost a woman, would not be spending her time playing with glass people. She should be out being a social butterfly like a young girl should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment